
One of my favorite things to do this summer has been the Farmer's Market in Grand Rapids. The boys actually really enjoy going as well. At first the pickings were pretty slim. But now that we are further into the growing season I am finding all kinds of delicious things. Last Saturday I picked up some maple syrup, onions, lettuce and sweet peas. This morning the boys and I went before breakfast (you have to go early or all the good stuff is gone) and I got more onions, cucumbers, carrots, blueberries and a bunch of tulips. The onions were what smelled the best when I got everything home! The boys and I had fun cleaning up the carrots, and I have been snacking on them all morning already. I have never been satisfied with store bought carrots, even the organic ones are just not the same. I am already sad about when I will no longer have this source of good, fresh produce!
No comments:
Post a Comment