Various cultures, Native American is one that immediately comes to mind, have used beaded belts or jewelry to record history (family history, trade agreements, weddings, etc) in a variety ways. I was thinking today that the crochet projects I have done over the last couple of weeks are similar:
- This mistake is when Nate had something in his mouth he shouldn't have
- This mistake is when Nate ran outside in only his underwear
- This mistake is when the cat was clawing on the couch
- This mistake is when the other cat was walking on the kitchen counters
- This mistake is when Ben crashed his bike into the glider swing in the front, which then hit the table next to it knocking the plant off and breaking the planter (I am just glad he walked away from that one with a few scratches...it sounded horrible from inside)
- etc, etc, etc
On a similar note, I was looking through our old VHS tapes for something the kids could watch while I did some much needed cleaning in the basement. I came across a tape of the kids when they were younger. Nate was almost three and Ben was almost one. We got a little sidetracked and spent a couple of hours cuddling on the couch and watching it. Some highlights:
- Ben learning to crawl
- Ben saying MAMAMA
- The boys taking a hilarious bath together
- Nate using his walker for the first time to walk through the house
- Nate saying, at long last and after so much work, his first words (and Kyle saying "Nate say Bob" and Nate saying "Mom", Kyle saying "Nate say Mom" and Nate saying "Bob")
Good Times!
No comments:
Post a Comment