Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Slip and Slide Fun



We got a Slip and Slide for the kids the other day. I have been meaning to get one because Ben spent half the winter running and sliding on his knees across the wood floor, so I knew he would enjoy it. Also, one of the many things I learned in my spring semester is that a Slip and Slide is a must for kids with sensory integration issues.

Well, the boys loved it, as did the boys from across the street. Nate didn't run and slide, instead he reverted to his old "army crawl" as we use to call it (it was how he crawled for a long long time). After the slip and slide fun the boys used the water to "made a flood" on our sidewalk. Which was quickly followed by a mud fight which involved everyone but Nate. I sat cringing wanting so badly to tell them to stop throwing mud at each other. But I was able to contain myself and let them have fun. They did get a warning that each would be sprayed with the hose when they were done though.

Lets just say that when all was said and done I found some mud in some very interesting places on Ben. And just when I thought we had gotten it all, he was putting his shirt on and he lifted his arms up and there was more mud deep in the cracks of his armpits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...