




Since Kyle is in Arkansas this week for work, the boys and I decided to head to Duluth for the day. We met my Mom and her husband at the zoo, and enjoyed a day with them. The zoo was fun, but I must say the lack of funding is apparent. The animals homes are fine, and they all appear well cared for and content. However, the rest of the zoo (the grounds) is horribly overgrown and not taken care of. There were a lot of people there, so I believe there is money to be made....but who knows what will become of it. The boys enjoyed it though. Favorites included the tiger, the bats and the polar bear. Ben's favorite thing was the little train ride we took around the zoo.
After the zoo, we headed to Canal Park. Nate wanted to see the maritime museum, Lake Superior, and a ship. Luckily there was one arriving about 15 minutes after we got there so he got all of his wishes. It was very busy there for a Wednesday, but we had fun. We then decided to head to Brighton Beach for more relaxed, less busy enjoyment of Lake Superior. This is where we finally felt the Lake breeze (not much of one in Canal Park) and were all able to relax a bit before heading home. We were also able to squeeze in a quick surprise visit with my Dad. All in all it was a good day. We were all exhausted and fell to sleep with no problems last night!
Today though Ben is a bit miserable with a cold. He is actually staying put on the couch, so I know he isn't feeling well. I knew he was a little stuffed up yesterday, but by the time we got home last night I could tell he had a full blown cold. Poor guy, it isn't fun getting a cold in the middle of the summer. But, after our busy day yesterday, we are all enjoying the quiet relaxed day.
Sounds like agreat trip. Thanks for this blog !! I just made comment to Dennis (Dad) that it makes me feel a part of the family even though I don't get to see you guys as much as I would like.
ReplyDeleteThe house looks great. We also are in constant remodel mode. Grandpa B used to call it "perpetual care ." We just finished having our upstairs bathroom and our steps redone. It almost pushed Kris over the edge as she didn't grow up with constant sheet rock dust like I did.
We will be up for Jason's wedding so I hope to see you there.
Russ