Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Home Improvements


In addition to the fridge we ordered, we also ordered a range. This was an experience. The drop in range that is currently in the kitchen (green of course) is 27 inches and after much searching we found one...ONE...range that was 27 inches. Everything else was 30 inches. So, then we wondered what to do with the green hood above the range. We thought we would order a copper one to match the hardware on the cabinets. But we ran into the same problem as the stove....the opening is custom made for THAT hood. So, Kyle decided to try to get it working again. He completely took it apart, and got it working. While he had it apart he cleaned it really well and painted it white.

It turned out really nice, despite the high winds that kept blowing leaves onto it! I spent ONE HOUR taping the stainless strips on the side. It was worth it though, because if they had been painted it would not have turned out as nice. Now I just need the stove to arrive!

I also got a coat of primer on the bathroom walls today. The blue is still showing through, but they are ready to have the colored paint put on...so that blue is slowly disappearing. After this I think we are done for awhile. However that wallpaper in the kitchen will be bothering me, especially with all those new appliances in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...