Sunday, August 03, 2008

Project Linus


When Ben was in the ER the other night, a kind nurse brought us a handmade quilt for him to cuddle up in and take home with him. It really did make a difference. He cuddled up under it with his teddy bear and noticeably relaxed. This quilt was provided through Project Linus, who I had just heard about as I was looking online for crocheted afghan patterns.

The mission of project Linus is:
  • To provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”
  • To provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children
It is my intention (although it may take me more than a year with school coming up soon, and another afghan project in the works) to make a blanket for Project Linus as a means of giving back.

This is the link to the Project Linus website in case any of my crafty friends would like to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I just told Mom about this ... I think a newly-retired lady who loves to sew could get on board with this.

    Give Ben a hug for me!

    Sara

    PS Give Nate a hug too! I miss them both.

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...