
I think there are few metaphors in life about raising kids that sum it up more than riding a bike.
Over the past couple of weeks, we have been gently encouraging Ben to take the training wheels off of his bike. This morning, I asked him again if he was ready and got the same response we have been getting...no. Two minutes later I was back outside and Ben said to me "Mom, you can take my training wheels off if you can run with me and hold on to me". Well, of course! So, off they came, he hopped on and pretty much rode away from me instantly. I didn't have a chance to hold on no matter how much I wanted to. Other than help getting going twice, he has been riding around the neighborhood all afternoon without a problem.
It is amazing what they can accomplish on their own! It makes me smile to see his face...full of pride...as he rides around. Yeah Ben!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment