Friday, August 01, 2008

Go Figure


So, I had to go and say Ben was riding around the neighborhood with no problem. Tonight after dinner, Ben was out with his friends in the front yard riding bikes. Mr. Overconfident was speeding along pretty quickly despite our pleads to slow down. Wouldn't you know it, he took a nasty fall (approximately 5 1/2 hours after I took the training wheels off). He immediately wanted to go inside and be away from the other kids. Once inside he was crying and saying "my thumb, my thumb". Hardly a scratch on him from the fall (surprisingly), but one look at his thumb and I knew...I just knew.

So, off to the ER we went. He was awesome, and did very well. I am proud of him. The x-rays showed that he did in fact break his thumb. It is not a terrible break, but break it he did. So, it is immobilized in a splint for now, and we need to go see orthopedics next week. He is doing well though, and doesn't appear to be in too much pain. Nothing a little DQ after our ER trip wouldn't cure anyway.

Somehow I always knew Ben would be the first one with a broken bone. Maybe he will believe us now when we say slow down or you are going to get hurt!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Ben that his uncle Mike is very proud of him for being so tough!

    And that both uncle Mike and auntie Sara are impressed with his bike riding and we can't wait to come watch him ride!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...