A common goal for children who have sensory integration problems, as many kids with autism do, if to learn self awareness and self regulation when they are getting overloaded.
I just went in to check on the boys, who much to my dismay are being CRAZY in their bedroom instead of going to bed. I didn't sleep well last night so it is one of those nights that I am just WAITING for them to fall asleep so that I can. I asked them "Can you guys go to bed soon?" To which Ben said "NO", and Nate said "TOO WILD". That is one step towards self awareness, but it is not exactly what I had in mind. I was actually hoping I could go to bed soon, which at this point appears highly unlikely!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment