

So, Nate could not leave his curtains up on his bed...and I was really sick of putting them back up. So I took them away and promptly used them to replace some of the other curtains in the house (those who have seen the house know that some of the curtains are pretty, well, dated).
Something else I was getting sick of was having Nate try and go into his closet and read or play. He was get incredibly frustrated (those of you who have seen this know how load that can be) because of the toys in his way. So, I thought he needs to have a quiet place in his closet instead of curtains on his bed. So, I took all the toys out and put them again into the room and piled blankets and pillows in the closet. I also gave him a chair and something to keep his favorite things (mainly books) in. He loved it, and Ben eventually got over the fact that Nate had something so cool.
A couple days after Nate got his private closet space, and thankfully after Ben had gotten over being jealous of it, Nate completely ruined Ben's bed tent. Ben was so wonderful about it..."that's OK Mom. I don't need it". But Ben is always needing to be accepting when Nate ruins his elaborate train setups, or buildings he has built with blocks. Poor guy, when he is a bit older...I see his own bedroom in the basement as a likely necessity.
No comments:
Post a Comment