I finished up the last of my work for the spring semester on Friday around noon. So after lunch they boys and I packed up and headed to the beach. The boys had a great time playing in the water, sand and mud. I enjoyed sitting and watching them without thinking about homework that I really should be doing. I will have some assignments related to my master's project to do this summer, but nothing too time consuming. One semester to go and then two semesters of fieldwork, then I am really done! I am SO SO TIRED though. I think I am finally letting myself relax a bit and my body is completely worn out. I slept over 8 hours the last two nights and woke up feeling like I could have slept for many more.
The Swede picnic over the weekend went really well. We all enjoyed visiting with family, and the boys enjoyed the park.
Today I called to the places we had booked this summer in Bayfield, WI to celebrate our 10th anniversary and notified them of our change of address and phone number. It renewed my excitement for the trip. The first night we have the same room at Ritten House Inn that we stayed in for our honeymoon. We get that night alone with the boys staying with Kyle's parent's (THANK YOU THANK YOU). Then the next night we have a room booked right on the lake that has a balcony off our room overlooking the lake. I can imagine the boys in bed sleeping or watching tv and Kyle and I right outside the room having some wine and enjoying the evening.
I can't wait!
Nate is having a particularly hard evening tonight. We had to search for hours to find the exact Spiderman book he wanted (we found every other one in the house thank you, but none were good enough to calm him down). After finally finding it, I thought we were home free. But, he is still in there crying and moaning. I better go and try to calm him down...poor guy (tired Mom).
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment