Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lake Superior





Nate has taken a great interest in Lake Superior lately. As soon as our Lake Superior Magazine comes in the mail he steals it and reads it before Kyle or I even get a chance to look at it. He especially loves Split Rock Lighthouse which started after our North Shore trip last year.

Nate had another doctor appointment in Duluth today (the ear is finally healed and everything looks fine). It was an incredible day by the lake with temps in the mid 70s. Those who have lived by the big lake know that it is often "cooler by the lake". Being I am also someone who loves the lake I couldn't resist when we were already heading to Duluth. So, after a quick lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Birman and that doctor appointment the boys and I headed to Brighton Beach and the Rose Garden. We had a great time looking for and throwing rocks and Nate was in his element. Although I have always wanted to live within walking distance of the lake, I am glad that I am close enough for a day trip to the lake when time (and weather) allow. The boys also wanted to see the lift bridge, but with Grandma's Marathon this weekend, I figured it be best we stay away from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...