Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nate Stinks

The other night I was putting all Nate's eczema lotions and creams on after his shower. He is typically pretty talkative during all of this. Well this time he pointed to his armpit and said "I am stinky. I need deodorant. I AM going to middle school." I laughed but figured, heck if he is interested we might as well make it a habit now. So we went out and let him pick out deodorant. He chose Old Spice.

After posting this story on Facebook, someone who works at the school sent me a message with "the rest of the story". Apparently a couple of kids in Nate's social skills group are having some issues in regards to this, and they have been using a social story and have had discussions about this. Although it wasn't directed at Nate he really latched onto the entire concept.

Here is a picture of Nate getting deodorant and a picture of the social story that started it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...