Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Munich (and Animal Tales and SNOW)

Although Kyle is enjoying Munich, he doesn't think it holds a candle to Prague. I think this is mostly because a lot of the older buildings were destroyed in the wars in Munich and this was not the case in Prague, so the history was more obvious. Today he visited Roche (biotechnology) and BioM Biotech Cluster Development. Tomorrow he will be visiting OSRAM (environmental sustainability), will take a BMW plant tour and will attend a presentation on Germany's technological leadership in a global economy at BMW. In the evening he has the cultural event of the Munich trip. Prague's was the opera. I think Munich's is a little bit more Kyle's style. He will be going to the beer and Octoberfest Museum.

On the home front we are still hanging in there. Dog and cat are starting to get a long a bit, but still need to be separated. However, Bitsy is still very very nervous about Lucy. Tonight we had them both out in the same room, but kept Lucy on her lease so she wouldn't try to sniff Bitsy or anything. Bitsy was even purring as I petted her and walked away a bit to sniff Lucy's food dish. She got nervous though and I put her back into her cage. Right after that Lucy went up to the cage and Bitsy playfully batted at her through the door as Lucy sniffed. It was nice to see. However a few minutes later we took a step backwards when Ben ran into the coffee table hurting his knee, and fell to the floor crying. Lucy ran right over to make sure he was OK. Bitsy seeing this started hissing and trying to scratch at Lucy who wasn't even close to her. I think Bitsy though Lucy was hurting Ben or something. Two steps forward, one step back.

We are gearing up for yet another snow storm. So far we have gotten two separate storms since Kyle has been gone. The first was last Tuesday and pretty small, we got 5 inches. The second storm was larger and windier, and we received another 10 inches on Sunday. Tonight it is suppose to storm again, the biggest yet. It is suppose to be windier and snowier. They have been changing their forecast for us, I think mainly because we are very close to the area that is suppose to be getting hammered. We are suppose to get anywhere from 7 inches to 16 inches. That means that after not getting enough snow to even shovel all winter we will get 22-31 inches in the time that Kyle was is Europe. I am very thankful to my neighbors who have plows and have come by with their snow blowers.

I did make a hair appointment for myself (because 1. I need it, and 2. I need some me time) tomorrow, and I would prefer that school would be in session.

Not too many pictures yet from Munich, but I did find this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...