A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Swimming
The other day while swimming at the Y, I was trying to push Ben to the bottom (in his suit with the built in floaties) to see if he could touch without going under. Well, he did touch, but with his entire head under water. He must have liked it though because the next time we went swimming, he was insistent that he have his regular swim suit. So, off we went to explore the water without any swimming support for Ben other than me. He did much better than I though he would, but this kid is FEARLESS! He wanted to do just as much as when he had the safer suit on. This includes jumping in off the edge, and being thrown by one of us. He did it all just fine. As long as I was there to get him once he came up (but come up on his own he did). He also swam a good 10 feet on his own, and managed to figure out how to do a somersault underwater. He is confident he can do anything in the water now. I would feel a lot better if he could stand in the water without being underwater!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment