Last night Kyle, Ben and I were eating dinner (Nate was still a little off from his weekend bout with the stomach flu) and Ben initiated a conversation that went something like this:
Ben: Dad, what is your job?
Kyle: I am an engineer. Do you know what that means?
Ben: TRAINS!!
Kyle: Well that is one type of engineer.
At this point Kyle and I try and tell Ben in a way he will understand exactly what an engineer does (which is not an easy task). Kyle finally tries this:
Kyle: You know the show How It's Made? That's kinda what I do.
Ben: Oh, So you work in a factory.
Kyle: Yeah, I work in a lot of factories.
Satisfied for now with Dad's job, it is Mom's turn:
Ben: Mom what is your job?
Me: What do you think it is?
Ben: Homework?
Oh boy, I can tell already the affect my heavy credit load this semester is going to have!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment