Nathaniel was into the ENT doctor the other day for a check on his ear tubes. Everything looks good, but they have been in too long without coming out on their own. So, it is another minor surgery for Nate to have them removed and repair the hole in the eardrum where they were.
At the cabin Thursday evening, the kids were in bed and I was watching a movie in the living room (no camp fires allowed...too dry). I heard Ben let out this loud cry of pain. So I go see what happened, and he tells me "in the ear". He had brought a car to bed with him, dismantled the wheels and stuck a long thin piece in his ear! Thinking we were going to be taking a late night trip to the Hayward ER, I got everyone ready and off we went. Ben stopped crying in the car, so I thought maybe it isn't too bad. So I stopped at a pay phone to call Kyle and have him look online to see if it was something that needed to be looked at right away. Kyle wasn't home, but Ben had fallen asleep in the car. I figured if he wasn't hurting bad enough to sleep, then we were OK for the night. He also seemed fine in the morning, and even today it doesn't seem to be hurting him. But now he has a slightly bloody discharge draining from that ear. So, I hope we aren't going to be going through a proceedure to fix Ben's eardrum as well! We will see when we bring him into the doctor on Monday!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment