Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We have come so far





I have never lost sight of how much Nate has accomplished. When I see him running in the hallway at school it is difficult to tell him not to, considering the difficulty he once had with walking. His adaptive Phy. Ed. teacher (who has been working with him since he was three) says the same. She says "I tell him to stop running, but in my head I am thinking, run Nate, run!".

Nate came home with a note from school today I just had to share. Needless to say it brought tears to my eyes and I wish I could have been there to see this.

"Good News! Today in gym class the kids ran the quarter mile. I'm happy to tell you that Nate ran the ENTIRE way with his class. He finished in 4 min. 15 sec. All the kids were cheering loudly for him. When he crossed the finish line everyone cheered and gave him high-fives. He was so proud!."

I tried to find a picture of Nate walking with his walker, but couldn't seem to find one to post. I did find a picture of Nate walking on his knees, which he did for a very long time, and one of Ben drinking a bottle with Nate's walker in the background. Just one of the many reminders that he has accomplished and overcome so much.

YEAH NATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...