So, I was watching TV the other morning with Ben, when he turns to me and says "Mom, when we get another kid, Dad will have to push another cart at the store." How long has he been expecting THIS to happen?!?!?!? How long have the wheels been turning in his head about everything we would need to do when another kid comes????
So I say to him "We aren't going to have any more kids Ben. You and Nate are plenty for Dad and I." And he says to me "We can Mom. When you have a baby in your belly. When the ball comes, and then the germs, then a baby grows. And then when it comes out of your tummy it can grow into a big kid and Dad will have to push another cart. Ok?"
Perfectly logical explanation on his part! He has a book he got a few weeks ago about the human body. The most interesting part to him was how a baby grows in the moms belly (didn't know that was in there when I bought it). So we had a little discussion, and I think he was trying to repeat it to me but got a few of his terms mixed up! Still... not going to happen. However I don't think he is convinced of that.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment