Monday, September 03, 2012

UP Trip Day 1 and 2

We took a trip to the old Upper Peninsula and Green Bay in August. Details of the reason for this rip will likely be fully divulged later. However, for now, lets just say that we were going to visit some friends.

Our first night was spent at Kyle's parents house. Our main purpose was to get two hours of our drive under our belts before the long drive the next day. Before we left, Kyle's dad managed to get a really nice family pic.

Once we got to our destination for our second night, Marquette Michigan, we stayed in the brand new Hampton right on the water front. Before checking in we drove by our old house in Ishpeming. It is looking a bit rough, as is the neighborhood around it. All of downtown Ishpeming is looking a bit rough, especially since they have tore down the old hospital and built a new one out by the highway. Anyway, the Hampton right on the Marquette harbor was beautiful. That night we enjoyed a BBQ at the home of one of Kyle's former colleagues. I (easily) got talked into a golf game the next morning, so while Kyle and the boys slept in, I got up for an early tee time. I was treated to the beautiful sunrise outside our hotel room window though.

The golf game did not go as great. That's the last time I wait 8 years in between a game of golf. Here are a few more pictures from our time in Marquette.

This is the boat they are using for harbor cruises. Kyle and I know it well, as we spent a total of 8 hours on it heading across Lake Superior to Isle Royal the year before we were married.


Ben looking through the periscope at the harbor and light house at the Maritime Museum.


 

We were treated to a great view of a ship coming in, which is unusual on that side of the Marquette Harbor.

More to follow in the next post, because there are a lot of pictures, and I don't want to make this post too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...