Tuesday, September 04, 2012

It Is The Small Things

Much as we love our house, when we bought it, we knew that there was a lot of updating to do. So far that has involved turning the all turquoise bathroom into a not all turquoise bathroom and replacing all of the olive green appliances.

There is still plenty to do, but life has kind of gotten in the way the past cole of years. This weekend we managed a few things though. I replaced the orange glass on the chandelier in the dining room with frosted glass, making the light seem much less dated.

I also spray painted the vents on the family room side of the wood stove. Also making it seem much less dated, and now they match the wood stove.

However, this past weekend I also started a big project. In fact, one of the projects that I have been wanted to do badly since we bought the house. I tore off the wall paper in half of the kitchen, scrubbed the walls, and got it all taped up...ready to paint. Here is a before picture of the wallpaper.

We found a never used roll of that same wallpaper in the basement if anyone wants it....how could you resist!

It already looks better, and I haven't even painted yet!

I can't WAIT until it is done!! Also in need of replacement are the curtains, but because our windows are all so big, it will cost a SMALL fortune to replace them!

2 comments:

  1. Why would you tear off that wallpaper?!?! It's so pretty ;-)

    Maybe you should give the roll to my dad - he actually does think it is pretty. Hee hee! Can't wait to see the finished wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wallpaper was THE EASIEST I have ever removed! It was so thick (and old) that it tore right off glue and all without so much as even getting it wet! No steaming, no chemicals, no scraping resulting in chipped walls.

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...