It has been a busy summer for us. Kyle has been really busy with projects at work, and I have had an OT student at work. Add to that my surgery, and we haven't had much time to breath!
Before I do a few big posts about a couple of the things we have been up to, here are some minor things:
- I am finally feeling recovered from my surgery, and feel that it was worth it. For those that didn't know, I had a ganglion cyst removed from my right wrist in July. Although I feel I have mostly recovered, I am still working on the scar tissue, and it still aches if I over do it. Luckily I have lots of hand therapy tricks up my sleeves.
- I had a patient die in July. This is not something that is all that uncommon in my line of work. However, every once in awhile a patient comes along that you really connect to, that really inspires you. This patient that passed away was that kind of patient for me. She was young, and although certainly had her fair share of health concerns, her death was completely unexpected. It hit me hard. I went to the funeral, and it was one of the most difficult I have ever been to. I think you could have one to the funeral as a stranger and had a difficult time. Anyway, I still think of her often, and all that I learned from her.
- My Grandpas memorial gathering was also in July. Although the reasons for the gathering were sad, it was really nice to see people that I had not seen for many many years. I still think of him often as well.
- We have not had the chance to get out camping except once this summer. But, we have been out in the boat a lot. Ben has been tubing, but Nate would not go tubing until I bribed him ($10). I knew once he tried it he would love it. I was right. Although I have made it clear that he does not get money every time he tubes!
- We have been busy at work, as Deer River Healthcare Center becomes Essentia Health - Deer River. It will be a busy 6 months as we are full integrated into the larger system, and everything from electronic records to payroll changes.
Therapy fun with wiki sticks at Essentia orientation
This is sideways, but you get the picture. Genius idea for my Grandpa's memorial. I must confess I took more than one.
Day of surgery
The day we removed the dressing. That is one swollen hand. I spent a lot of time the next few days with ice and elevating it. An edema glove from work also came in handy.
That is just a bit of what has been going on. There a a couple of other things, but I will save them for other posts.






Yes, but your sister-in-law is home all day every day and not working and keeping up with the family. See how well I do once I head back to the office. But we all enjoyed the updates very much!
ReplyDelete