Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Tree






A couple of weeks ago, Kyle and I were laying in bed and we heard this big "THUD". We couldn't figure out what it was, even after much investigation. So we went back to bed and didn't think much of it. In the morning as I was getting the boys ready for school, I opened up the curtains to find a huge branch had come down off a tree in the back yard (first picture). Which explained the thud we heard.

The tree that it came off of is one of the huge ones, but most of the tree was dead with only about one branch of life on it. We had been contemplating what to do with this tree all summer, and when the branch came down with little wind...we knew the tree had to come down. Kyle has been working on it for a couple weekends with the chainsaw and axe. Today he spent the day working again, and took down one of the biggest branches on it. It is a shame to loose such a nice tree, but it really was very dead and apparently somewhat dangerous!

I am going to have Kyle leave the stump and use it as a planter stand or bird bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...