Kyle and I both enjoyed this bit of humor in this months Lake Superior Magazine:
After having dug to a depth of 30 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, California scientists dug to a depth of 60 feet, and shortly after, headlines in the L.A. Times newspaper read: "California archaeologists have found traces of 200 year-old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communication network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers".
One week later in the Mining Journal, a newspaper in Marquette Michigan, reported the following: "After digging 90 feet in a rocky field near Negaunee, Ole Johnson, a self-taught archaeologist and Swedish logger, reported that he found nothing. Ole has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, the U.P. had already gone wireless".
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment