Sunday, May 18, 2008

%*&#$@ Squirrels!!


I bought a hanging bird bath the other week and hung it from the tree in front of out living room window. I also hung my hummingbird feeder up there. In an attempt to entice the birds to the birdbath (which Kyle said I would never get a bird in) I also put up a small plastic bird feeder. It worked and within a couple of days I had birds at the feeder and birds taking drinks from the bird bath (it is a little too cold yet to be frolicking in the water).

Unfortunately, my bird feeder also caught the attention of a squirrel. He was having a hard time getting from the tree to the feeder, so I though maybe I had outsmarted him. However, he did manage to find a way to hang upside down from the feeder and CHEW the plastic. He eventually chewed his way through, and the feeder fell to the ground. Now he was able to get all of the seed.

Well, this is war! I want my birds back. I enjoyed sitting on the couch and watching them. Kyle has been given permission to dispose of the squirrel in whatever way he wishes. I am also now on the hunt for one of those feeders that squirrels can't get into (better make sure it is metal). I hope somewhere that squirrel has some heavy duty intestinal problems from eating the plastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...