Monday, January 28, 2008

Weather Advisory

We have a snow and blowing snow advisory for the Grand Rapids area tomorrow. I have read the weather statement a couple of times now and laugh every time I read it:

MAJOR CHANGES WILL OCCUR THE MOMENT THIS ARCTIC FRONT ARRIVES.
SKIES WILL SUDDENLY DARKEN AND A VERY BRIEF PERIOD WITH A WINTRY
MIX OF SLEET...FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW WILL OCCUR. WHEN THE ARCTIC
FRONT PASSES...WINDS WILL ABRUPTLY INCREASE TO 40 MPH AND A THICK
SNOW WILL SUDDENLY REDUCE VISIBILITIES. THE COMBINATION OF
FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW AND WIND MAY CREATE BRIEF PERIODS OF
NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS DURING TUESDAY. TEMPERATURES NEAR OR
EVEN ABOVE THE MELTING POINT WILL BEGIN TO FALL VERY RAPIDLY.
SNOW SHOULD LET UP AND BECOME SHOWERY AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS...
ABOUT TWO INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS MANY AREAS ON
TUESDAY.

I think it is funny anyway...those first two sentences are very ominous. Of course I may just have some lingering effects from my long weekend of school, and it isn't really all that funny at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...