We were at the St. Louis Park Parktacular parade this morning. The boys were loving the firetrucks, bands, and even all the political stickers. Then Ben points up to the sky and says "Look at that!!" Its a plane with a banner behind it. I think "what fun". Kyle and I point it out to Nate as well "Look at that". Then we take a closer look at what is on the banner, a 10 week old aborted and bloody fetus. I have seen banners and trucks with similar pictures, and it always makes me so mad. I have my feelings about abortion, and it is my personal choice to keep them personal. I have no issues with people publically displaying their feelings on the issue. That is their choice and their right. However, to display such pictures, much less at a family gathering with a lot of children around, is tastless. I believe the last time I saw such pictures, where on a truck driving circles around the Ishpeming Elementary School!!!! Aren't they just earning more disrespect than support? I believe their is certainly a better way to educate than with grotesque photos, especially with children present.
Just my thoughts!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment