We excitedly set out Friday evening (for Cable, WI), getting there at around 11:00. Both boys were awake and excited to be there finally falling back asleep around midnight. We normally would expect our first trip to the cabin to be somewhat cool, probably even rainy. However, it was HOT. I think we prefer the cool, but maybe not the rainy. The boys were very happy to be there. Some fun comments included:
- After Ben's line was cast while fishing, he said "OK fish now come and eat!"
- Ben reminding people that "I can't swim" when he got close to the water. I guess we got that one drilled into him.
- For anyone else who is lucky enough to visit the cabin, be careful if you go into the narrows, Nate insists that there are alligator and monkeys there. We were on a canoe ride and he kept yelling "Oh No! Alligators!"
We did end up driving up to Cornucopia on Monday to escape from the heat. We figured even the big Lake wasn't cool as it was still hot until about a mile from the lake. And then it instantly switched to cooler weather. The boys had a great time playing in the sand, and we got another great set of pictures from that location. They will be posted on the website as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully tonight, but you know how that goes!
We are looking forward to more at the cabin as much as we can possibly get up there this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment