The Deer River Healthcare Foundation has had a fundraising Gala the last 5 years. It always looks like a good time, and has always been fun to see pictures of co-workers get all dressed up. I have always wanted to go, but it is somewhat pricey. With Kyle traveling so much for work, I didn't want to buy two tickets and them have him be out of town. The tickets always seemed a little too pricey for just a girls night out with co-workers. So, I have never gone before.
This year with Kyle just getting back from Africa, we figured there is no way that he would be traveling the weekend after he gets back, so we purchased out two tickets. Now, the ladies who go go this event typically buy a new dress, and get all fancied up. I had an appropriate outfit in my closet (that I always complain that I never have anywhere to wear it to), so didn't need to spend money on a new dress. So, instead I decided to spend my money on my hair.
![]() |
| So may bobby pins, and so much hairspray! Despite high winds, it stayed in place all night. |
With more makeup than I would typically wear and our fancy clothes on we were set.
It was completely worth it! The food was good (thank you Blackwoods Catering), especially those smoked salmon appetizer things! It was fun to see everyone dressed up, and there were plenty of laughs and inappropriate humor to go around (that happens at work too, we just have to make sure the office door is closed). We will definitely make it a point to go again in the future!


You look so gorgeous! Lucky Kyle - to be home to have such a beautiful date! Glad you had fun :)
ReplyDelete