Sunday, March 25, 2018

Date Night Take 1

About a month and a half ago, Kyle saw that John Conlee was coming to the casino in Walker....which is about an hour away from us. Even though it was a school night, we figured it was doable. So, we bought tickets for all four of us. There was nothing....NOTHING.....when we bought the tickets that said 18 and over only. However, when we printed out tickets out....there it was clear as day.

We were going to sneak Nate in, but he decided staying home and hanging out with Ben sounded funner (I think it was the pizza Ben was going to order with the money I left him). So, once the kids were home from school we took off.

It was a great drive down. We got there in plenty of time, and took advantage of the seafood all you can eat buffet. The gigantic pile of crab legs was right up my alley. Ben, who loves crab legs, was really jealous. Of course, I had to send a picture, I couldn't just let it be.

I did spend $5 in a slot machine before the concert started. It was the most boring loss of $5 in my life. That's what I get for playing an old slot machine in the "non-smoking" section.

We got to our seats for the concert, with two empty seats on each side of us, because our kids are not 18. Now, we weren't really sure what to expect from John Conlee, because we figured he had to be getting up there in age. However, when he started singing it was his distinct voice for sure. He still had some power to his voice, but you could definitely tell he got short of breath at the end of the phrases. It was still totally worth it!! He stuck to the classics, and kept the new music to a minimum. He also had a good (and by good, I mean sarcastic which I really appreciate) sense of humor. When a couple arrived late after the 2nd song to their  front row seats, he totally called them on it. Then told them "you didn't miss much, only Rose Colored Glasses".



He did hang around afterwards for pictures, to answer questions, and to sign autographs. I would have loved to meet him in person, but we figured the line would be really long and that we were already pushing it for a work/school night. We were home before 10:00!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...