Nate participated in Special Olympics Golf again this year, and this year Ben joined him again as a unified partner. They were able to be in the 3 hole unified event this year, taking turns making their way down the fairway to the hole. Last year it took them more than an hour to do 1 hole. This year it took them 35 minutes to complete 3 holes. Best of all, they had fun! Because they had the first tee time, and they were done quickly, we had about 2 hours to kill before the awards ceremony and lunch. Luckily the golf course sits right on Sugar Lake, which is gorgeous. So we got to spend the time enjoying the view and the water....which was much warmer than the last time we *ahem* "enjoyed" Sugar Lake (the Polar Bear Plunge).
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment