Sunday, August 10, 2014

16th Anniversary

I always love celebrating our anniversary and remembering our special day. This year was no exception, but Kyle found himself in Michigan for the week. At least he was scheduled to drive home the day of our anniversary. Every day leading up to our anniversary I got mail from him though. Words to songs or poems that are important to us written out in calligraphy. On the last day I received a new poem written by Kyle. I got flowers delivered to me at work as well. I also got my wedding ring sized up so that it fit better. It was finished right on our anniversary and came back looking cleaner and shinier than it has look since I got it....and more importantly fitting right. For Kyle's gift I made him a piece of zentangle artwork containing important dates/poems/sayings. To ourselves we got a new bed and mattress. Kyle surprised us by showing up a day early from Michigan. He showed up at orchestra rehearsal....right before I got bit in the toe by a chipmunk. Yeah....that really happened.....anyway, since he came home early I figured he could get right to work building that new bed! I'm a good wife!

The day if our anniversary we went to Breaking Glass Ceramics Studio and painted/glazed ceramics together. It was a blast! We then went to El Potro the very good Mexican "restaurante" that is close to our house. We also went and bought Ben a dresser at Walmart, but that was not as romatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...