Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tahoe

Lake Tahoe is beautiful. I will definitely be back, but want to spend more time there next time. The weather was cool and windy, so the lake was rough and we couldn't really get out on the lake. Even the dock at the resort was closed. Sunday and Tuesday were sunny though, so it didn't take away from the beauty of the mountains. Tuesday was rainy and foggy though, so the visibility was reduced and we couldn't see much. Kinda looked like any other lake from Minnesota on Tuesday.

We did cross the state line into California briefly and had lunch in a cozy little restaurant. The food was great the entire trip, I was pretty sure I wouldn't need to eat for a week afterwards. On our first night there we enjoyed a romantic and long 4 course meal complemented with a bottle of wine. All while we watched the sun set over the lake and behind the mountains. Our second night, we had another great meal courtesy of Kyle's conference. It was meant to overlook the lake and mountains as well, but the planning of this backfired when they decided to have the meal start at 7....by that point we could see nothing but black outside the windows. I also had a funny experience when I had barely sat down for dinner, and the guy sitting next to me started flirting with me insisting that he knew me from somewhere before. He stopped when I laughed out loud at him and told him I doubted it, that I work in health care not mineral processing....and that I was here with my husband. Embarrassed, he didn't say a word to me the rest of the meal.

I am still drooling over this delicious desert we had!


We also had another fine dining experience on our trip. On the way from Reno to Lake Tahoe we spotted a place called "Burger Me". We laughed and almost stopped, but wanted to be on our way. I wondered out loud if there were any IN-N-OUT burger places in Reno. A couple miles down the road we saw a big sign for one. This we couldn't pass up, and I can say that they do in fact make a very good burger.

Here are some more highlights:
Mountains from the plane

We found snow on the Mt. Rose summit, the highest year round Sierra pass

The two above are pictures of the lake from the top of the mountain. The pictures below are pictures of the lake from the resort we stayed at.






We took plenty of pictures of other couples, and of course they reciprocated.



I am very glad that I was finally talked into going with Kyle. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen especially Mike for picking me up at the airport. HUGE thanks to my mom and Bill for coming and staying with the kids for a few days!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you went! Totally luaghed over the guy flirting with you.

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...