The MN Orchestra was in town for a week long residency this past week. Grand Rapids was the first location of the MN Orchestra's Common Chords Residency. Here is a full run down of the events http://www.myminnesotaorchestra.org/commonchords/
I think it is quite an honor that Grand Rapids was chosen for this experience. I am so proud of our town for having a youth orchestra of 150 students, and a community orchestra that I can't wait to join once Kyle is done with school and things settle down a bit. I am also extremely proud that all three MN Orchestra concerts were sold out!
Both boys were very involved in events. The MN Orchestra played for their school on Monday and they both came home with baseball card type cards with the orchestra members on them. Ben's orchestra did not get to work with the MN Orchestra, but the older kids in the Itasca Orchestra and String Program got to. On Friday Ben and his fellow orchestra members did a small concert for his school.
On Saturday we went to see the full MN Orchestra at the Reif center. It was amazing!!! I loved it because it was such powerful well played music. Nate loved the tribute to America theme, and his favorite was "The Star Spangled Banner". Ben loved seeing the full orchestra. His favorite was "Stars and Striped Forever", however my personal favorite moment of the night was when Ben leaned over to me at the start of "Star Wars Theme" and excitedly said "It sounds just like it!!" I don't know if I could pick a favorite piece or not.
I am so glad that everyone had this amazing opportunity, and Ben is as excited as ever about continuing with violin and orchestra!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment