I thought Ben broke his thumb again the other night. We were walking out of the library, and it was dark. I heard Nate say "ice", and looked over in time to see Ben go flying. He put his hand down to catch himself again, and I was worried (due to the red and swollen thumb, and screaming from Ben) that he had broken his thumb again. After some ice though, and some quick thumb opposition exercises (thanks OT education) I was satisfied that he hadn't broken anything.
The VERY NEXT DAY, I was working at the boys school. I was walking down the hall and out comes Ben from the nurses office with an ice pack to his cheek. He had been out for recess and FELL ON THE ICE. Of course once he saw me, the tears started flowing. So, we found the playground aid, and told her he would spend the rest of recess with me in the OT room. It was very icy out there on the playground, even I almost fell a couple of times. I ended up eating lunch with Ben in the lunch room as well, and that along with the afternoon Valentine's party seemed to help. But, his cheek has a nice purple bruise on it...looks worse than the thumb!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment