Wednesday, October 08, 2008

It Finally Arrived


I have been wanting to get an amethyst ring for some time now, since both boys have birthdays in February (Amethyst is the birthstone). When we were in Bayfield, Kyle decided to get me one for our anniversary. We looked around and I didn't see anything I really liked. On our way to pick up the boys from Kyle's parents we stopped at a place called Donalee Designs (a jewelry designer and silversmith) just outside of Bayfield. I saw some rings I liked, but nothing was amethyst. So, Donalee said I could special order a ring to my specifications (amethyst, smaller band, no bedding). She also said she could stamp something on the inside of the band, and she stamped the boys initials for me. I have been waiting a little bit longer than I thought I would have to for it, because she got very busy with orders. However, today it finally arrived...and I love it! This picture doesn't do it justice, but it gives everyone an idea of what it is like.

1 comment:

  1. It's just beautiful! I'm so glad you finally got it and can enjoy wearing it.

    Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...