It's been over a month since I have written anything! There have been plenty of fun stories to tell, but I have been so busy with school that I haven't had any time. This semester is an easier one for me as far as content goes, but about double the amount of reading. I will be done until September after the first week of July, and am REALLY looking forward to the break. I am also glad that I will be done before the 7th Harry Potter book comes out so I can actually read it!
Ben finished school on May 31st. Nate has one more day to go, his last day will be Monday (the 11th). But they have a picnic and carnival that day so he is done with the work anyway. Nate will do a few weeks of school this summer, but he is looking forward to it. It is actually at the other elementary school in town so he gets to ride the bus!
We took our first trip up to the cabin over Memorial Day. It was a chilly weekend, but I prefer that to last Memorial Day when it was in the 90's all weekend and we went to Lake Superior for some relief from the heat. Nate caught a fish all on his own (not his first) and the hill was a favorite, and plenty dirty, yet again. Nate got adventurous this year and went exploring on the point. He found a log and decided to use it to go hunting. He spent a long time walking through the woods crouched over hunting whatever it is that lives on the point. Ben too is in heaven playing in the woods and the water. We went for a lot of boat rides, and the old boat seems to be going fine. It is really nice to see it sitting in the water again.
We had the boys to the splash pad for the first time this year tonight. It was a little bit chilly, but both boys spent plenty of time playing in the sprinklers and running around...Summer is here. Apparently so, it is going to be HOT all week. Tuesday evening is the annual Fire House open house...always a favorite with the boys. As long as we don't stay for the room burn that is. I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to add to the site from that event.
Nate had an adventure a couple of weeks ago when we had a tornado warning while he was at school. They had practiced this before, but this one was real. They went to the school library and did their little crouches. But Nate did not appreciate the length of time he was required to do this for (45 minutes, I can't say I could do that crouch for that long either). So, they ended up bringing him to his special ed teachers room which has no windows. I said they were in the library, they should have laid a book in between his legs he would have stayed for hours! And I have to add that we (and he) are very proud of the fact that he is reading! On to first grade we go!!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment