It has not been a good year for gardening. First, the bunnies ATE my petunias in the front of the house!! I managed to save all but two of the plants. I put the planters that I could not save, dirt and all, in the garage. Kyle looked a few weeks later and out of one there was what he thought was a weed growing out of it. When he pulled the weed up, it was actually a plant coming out of a PEANUT shell! Apparently a squirrel or chipmunk had hid a peanut in the dirt before I put it in the garage, and now it was growing a peanut plant. It became Kyle's mission to make this peanut plant grow, so he put it out into the sun. However by the very next day, it was also eaten and much to his dismay, we no longer have a peanut plant growing. It was pretty cool, but it didn't even last long enough for me to get a picture of it.
My small vegetable garden has not been growing anything at all either. I am sure the bunnies were in there eating seeds as well. Not even the pumpkins that we have successfully grown for two years now have come up. However, the plastic kids bucket that Kyle filled with pumpkin seeds from a year ago is growing like crazy! Obviously not my year for gardening. At least I have managed to keep all my flowers on the back deck alive, and the bunnies don't seem to go after those. I have read they don't like geraniums...so I guess next year it is geraniums not petunias for me..at least in the front.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment