A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Downtown in the City
We had a grad party to go to the other night, and instead of taking two cars, we decided the easiest and most efficient thing to do would be for the boys and I to take the bus to Kyle's office then leave from there. This required us to take a bus downtown, and then transfer onto a bus to the U of MN. When we got on the first bus, Ben excitedly said "Hi, Were gonna ride the bus!" to the bus driver. Then the entire way downtown Nate kept saying "Downtown in the city!". When we got downtown Ben excitedly exclaimed "That's the biggest work I have never seen" (he was referring to a tall building). We got off on Nicollet Mall and waited for our other bus while Nate eyed up the big Minneapolis Library across the street, and Ben watched the lite rail train. When we got on the other bus, it went right by the Metrodome, which very much excited Nate. So much so, that when the bus stopped at the Metrodome stop and the driver said "Metrodome" into the speaker, Nate jumped up and started running down the aisle. I guess that was all he needed to decide this was his stop, and he was going to a baseball game (there was actually a Twins game that evening). We made it with no big issues, and the boys loved their big city adventure, although if we had actually been getting off at the Metrodome, I am sure Nate would have enjoyed it even more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment