They boys are back to school today, I started classes last weekend and the stomach flu has finally made its way through our house. Nate had it the worst having to spend a day in the ER department getting IV fluids. The good news is we didn't have to stay overnight, and with the help of the fluids he bounced back just fine. He was asking to eat pizza that evening even! Ben missed the last couple of school days before break due to his cold. He kept telling me "I'm not sick anymore, I can go to school." So the entire break, according to him, was because he was sick. He was very excited to get on the bus this morning.
We did manage to get a couple of days of fun squeezed in between illnesses including playing in the snow, sliding, and yesterday we took advantage of Kyle's UofM benefits and took the boys swimming on campus. They have family swim hours on Sunday, so instead of swimming lessons this year we are planning on taking advantage of that. Just our luck though that when we get to campus, there is not a parking space to be found and it is as busy as ever due to a womens basketball game (that I think set a record for attendance). We did manage to find one though (without having to pay the event parking price) and the boys had a great time.
We still have to get to Ryan and Serena's for "Christmas" having cancelled on them twice now due to illness! We have a date planned...hopefully nobody is sick!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment