Both boys had dentist appointments this morning. For Ben this was his first, for Nate it was his second (but his first didn't go so well). I am pumping the boys up about going to the dentist, how they will get their teeth cleaned, etc. all morning. We get to the dentists office, and they both think this waiting room is the best one ever!! This is fun Mom, Ben tells me!
We get called back, and they ask the boys to sit in a chair. Ben goes running and climbs right in. Nate willingly goes, but as soon as he gets in it starts crying for Mom. So I go hold his hand. They try to show him the toothbrush and water gun, but he is crying too much. So they decide to just do the exam and forget cleaning his teeth so that Nate doesn't scare Ben (who is doing great at this point). Nate and I go sit by Ben to take a break. Ben is having a great time getting tickled by the toothbrush, spraying water and sucking it up with the vaccum. Then they raise the chair and lower Ben's head down. Ben FREAKS out!! He is so upset he slides out of the chair and won't get back in. Then he tells me "I want to go home".
So, forget cleanings for both boys lets see if the dentist can do an exam. Nate first, on my lap head on the dentists lap. He is screaming but at leat his mouth is wide open and the dentist gets a good look. She even is able poke at all his teeth. Everything felt good. Nate is done, but I have lost sight of Ben. He's right here HIDING UNDER THE BENCH I was sitting on!! Ben puts up a good fight. He weighs more and is stronger than Nate. I get him on my lap and we force his head onto the dentist's lap. There he lays crying and screaming with his mouth clenched as tight as he can get it. The Dentist gets a look at his upper teeth, but then he clamps down again. He is now screaming "I don't like you!" with his mouth clenched as tight as possible. The dentist is able to pry his mouth open and get a look at the bottom, she must have strong hands! Everything looked good.
We will try again in 6 months!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
No comments:
Post a Comment