Sunday, May 13, 2018

We Love You Conrad

I love this musical....Bye Bye Birdie. Having spent a lot of time on the stage in high school, I was excited when Ben came home and announced that he was doing pit orchestra (he played his saxophones not his violin) for the high school spring musical. When he told me what musical they were doing, I sang him "We love you Conrad, oh yes we dooo" over and over again for days. Not having ever heard of the musical, he had no clue what I was talking (singing) about. He had one rehearsal....and he got it.

He came home with the music, which admittedly looked quite difficult. It was not no watered down high school version. It was the real Broadway music, being rented for quite a price. So, it also came with threats of what would happen if he lost it, if it suffered damage, or if he did not erase his pencil marks when it came time to return it.

Since, this is my blog I am going to brag. You guys....in anything musical that Ben has ever done, he has NEVER had to practice at home. He's really pretty talented. However, with this music...he had to practice. Especially for that soprano sax solo in the Shriner's scene.....which I do have to say was very very well done both by the band and the choreography of the actors on stage.

For a high school production, it was well done. Kyle, Nate, and I went on opening night. I went again on Saturday night. It was so much fun, and I really hope that he does this again.




The only bummer was that the Friday night performance was also the night of the 9th grade formal. Ben typically wouldn't care, but he has a girlfriend and felt bad about the conflict. He was able to make it to about an hour of the formal dance though, which said girlfriend really appreciated. I won't post the picture that he shared with me of him and K dancing, I do have some tact as a mother. However I will share the picture that I took of him, as he was trying to rush out of the house. You can tell he is not happy about having to have his picture taken.


1 comment:

  1. You will have to teach me your tactful ways in a few years. Because I would really want to post the picture :)

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...