Sunday, May 13, 2018

Construction....GRRRRR!!

For the last 9 years (almost 10 now), one of our favorite things to do in the summer is drive up HWY 38 north of Grand Rapids and spent time at one of the many beautiful lakes. However, this summer brings a major construction project to the road, closing the road (local traffic only). Although I agree that this road needs a major overhaul, I am mourning the loss of a favorite summer activity.

Construction (and the road closure) begins on Monday, so last night we took a drive with Ben at the wheel up 38 for the first and only time this summer.

I got some amazing pictures, and we had a fun time together exploring and listening to Green Cheese (the local radio station Saturday night trivia show).

When you go exploring with a photographer, and
said photographer says "I NEED to stop here"!!

I treasure these moments together as a family as the boys grow, and as adulthood looms ever closer.


I am trying to keep a positive attitude about our summer activities, and am trying to be excited about exploring new areas and lakes. I am also trying to keep a positive attitude about the looming adulthood thing. Wasn't Nate JUST cuddling me at 3 in the morning because he was getting a tooth?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...