Saturday, November 25, 2017

So Much to Be Thankful For

I took a while to decide how to spend Thanksgiving this year. I had decided last year to get to Shakopee for another "garagegiving", but in all honesty that just sounded...far. I think the many trips to the cities for doctor appointments for Nate contributed to this factor. Likely the busy fall as well. So, I decided to celebrate at home instead.

It ended up being an OK decision though, because we had others come to us. The weather was good (except for a small snowstorm that seemed to ONLY affect Rapids on Wednesday night), and the food was good. Good eating started with Kyle's parents Wednesday night at Sammy's pizza. They also have big frosty mugs of rootbeer....yum!

Thanksgiving day found the teens actually upstairs hanging out with family. Even helping with dinner!


I think he was really
just hungry.

The table was set, and we were ready to go shortly after 1. Although the turkey was a bit slower to cook than I had planned, it was done well and not too dry. The potatoes weren't lumpy, the stuffing wasn't too dry, the gravy was the perfect consistency, and we had plenty of leftovers (turkey pot pie...yum).


Dinner was followed by Holiday movies, good conversation, delicious pie, a Face time call with the Shakopee crew, and the longest game of Monopoly...ever. The winner was indeterminable because I think to determine the winner they would have had to play for another 4 hours!

Trying to get a selfie
with a teenager is challenging.

The weather held out, everyone got home safe, and Kyle and the boys even went Thursday "Black Friday" shopping. Nate got a movie, Ben got himself an Amazon Dot, and Kyle got a TV for the office. I stayed home and watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I did do some shopping on Friday though.

It was overall a great day with family, food, and full of things to be thankful for!



1 comment:

  1. We are far. We missed you, but are glad you had a great day! And that we got to see you via FaceTime at least!

    ReplyDelete

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...