I did wait until after Thanksgiving this year. Like the day after Thanksgiving. I was only going to put up the Christmas items around the house and then wait for another day for the tree. However, Ben (the teenager who HATES that I decorate early) hauled the tree up and started putting it together. So, I couldn't stop....it was all done the Friday after Thanksgiving. Was a bit sore when all was said and done, but that was even more reason to rest on Saturday with my computer or a book in front of the tree.
This year I also went through all my items and get rid of a bunch of broke ones that I hadn't been used for years, but were taking up a spot in my multiple Rubbermaid containers of Christmas items. 2 plus garbage bags, and a couple of additional boxes later...it was all sorted out.
One thing that went into the trash, was my string of sleigh bells that hang on the door. I took them out of their container, and immediately shook them like crazy to annoy my guys who HATE these bells! However, when I shook them, nothing. No sound at all. Kyle and Ben thought it was hilarious. Me not so much. Apparently Kyle, fed up with the bells, has super glued them so they wouldn't ring. He's a brat...and absolute brat. As soon as I have the time I am buying some for every door in the house. And hiding the super glue.
I told Kyle I got them the year we got married, trying to make him feel bad. Which didn't work. I think I actually got them when I was in college and living with my dad. So these bells have been annoying the males in my life for a long time. I am sure my dad is giving Kyle a big long distance high five in support of his antics.


No comments:
Post a Comment