Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Keep Your Stick On The Ice

Nate has started Special Olympics. He is interested in track, but first up is Poly Hockey which is a version of floor hockey. He does pretty well actually. He seems to prefer shooting left handed, but to each his own I guess! His biggest difficulty is that he gets so distracted. Distracted by the lights, the walls, every aspect of his helmet, the fact that his glasses feel funny under his helmet, the small spot on the wall......

The important thing is that he is having fun and getting out to meet some people. I know one if the older kids who plays and he is trying to take Nate under his wing a bit. Sometimes I wonder who is learning from who in the world. These kids and adults who compete in Special Olympics seem to do things right! I am very excited that Nate can get to know these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...