There have been 3 or 4 Abba tribute bands that have come to the Reif Center since we moved here. I have always made an attempt to go but something has always gotten in the way. Either the concert has been sold out, or I couldn't find anyone to go with. This year there was another tribute band that was scheduled to come. At first I thought I was going to run into the problem of not finding anyone to go with, until a coworkers wife said she wanted to go.
I got tickets, and then the fun began. We decided that when one goes to an Abba concert one must dress the part. So, we spent a couple of fun months hunting for funky clothes, and plenty of glitter.
We had a blast! The band was good, I loved their Swedish accents....and I loved dancing in my seat while singing along. There were a couple of other sequin clad folks, however for the most part the audience consisted of "old people" who sat in their seats and politely watched. That didn't stop us from climbing over all of them in our row to go down front and take advantage of the pit that had been opened up for dancing during Mamma Mia.
Here are some pictures of our groovy outfits. All the glitter is now gone except for my fingernails, because apparently glitter finger nail polish doesn't come off easy. Guess I am going to work tomorrow with remnants of my fun weekend!
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Sunday, November 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...





No comments:
Post a Comment