Nate was still not recovering from all his illness like he should. So, I took him into the doctor yesterday. She did all kinds of blood work (THAT was fun), and chest x-rays. There was no pneumonia evident on the x-rays, and his lungs sound all clear. No odd heart rate or anything that would indicate rheumatic fever (he HAS had strep recently). No rash that would indicate scarlet fever (again....strep).
On a whim the doctor had the lab run a mono test, and it was positive. So, my poor little guy is dealing with mono. It explains a lot of his symptoms. He is still very very run down, and gets tired easily. We are still dealing with occasional vomiting, and he still doesn't want to eat much because of a sore throat. We are pushing the fluids though, because our biggest concern at this point other than him getting A LOT of rest is dehydration. We are hanging in there though. He goes into the doctor again on Thursday.
On a sad note we have to miss Fiona's first birthday party. On a good note we finally know what is going on and can do what we need to do for Nate. And even though Nate is feeling generally crummy and rotten, his sense of humor pokes through every once in awhile. We tease him like crazy because on his chest x-ray, he is so tiny that they could see his abdomen as well....and apparently he has a lot of GAS. We can usually get a good laugh out of him with that. We also tease him a lot about getting the "kissing disease" and ask him what he has been doing at school/camp.
We will keep everyone updated, but I think it will just be a low key few weeks for us until he has completely recovered.
A blog for sharing stories about our family and our many adventures both big and small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello
After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...
-
One of the many hats I wear at Deer River HealthCare Center is that of a therapist educating individuals who are going to have the lap-band ...
-
I recently wrote up the following for a former classmate who had a recent eye cancer scare with her young baby. She had asked if I would sha...
I was SO looking forward to seeing you at Fiona's party...you'll be missed!
ReplyDeleteNate, please don't kiss any more girls for a while!
Love you all...