Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Fun


We were certainly busy over the Christmas week. On Christmas Eve, we had our traditional fish dinner. Kyle and I enjoyed a nice wine, and the boys drank Cherry 7-Up in wine glasses. Then we all got dressed and went to church with my sister in-laws family before coming home to open a few presents. Kyle and I always exchange gifts Christmas Eve because we are too busy Christmas morning wrestling with toy packaging and assembly. The boys always get the same gifts from Kyle and I on Christmas Eve, pajamas and books. After opening gifts we relaxed by the fire and snacked some more. I made a really delicious crab dip, and we enjoyed all the treats I had been baking over the past few days.

Christmas Day, the boys actually let us sleep until about 8, when we heard Ben running to the living room and then to our bedroom. "Mom, Santa came. There is a really big package with my name on it. I think it is my GeoTrax. I DO believe in Santa." To which I replied "can you just cuddle for a minute and give me a second to wake up?" After which I heard Nate running out to the living room and wrapping paper ripping. "Wait, wait! Don't open them up yet! I want to watch!" Now I was fully awake, and about 10 minutes later everything was opened and the assembly process had begun.

At about noon on Christmas Day our company started to arrive. My Dad was the first to arrive followed by my brother and sister in-law. We had food, and our first round of opening gifts. Then my Mom and her husband arrived, as well as some of my sister in-laws family. We had more food, and another round of opening gifts. It was a wonderful, if tiring, day with family. But I had to wonder where all those toys were going to go!!

Friday Kyle's parents drove up and spent some time with us. More good food, more gifts and more time spent with family. After they left on Saturday, the boys played with all their new toys...and Kyle and I spent some time relaxing. On Sunday we headed to Duluth for my cousins baptism. More time with family! I love it! We also tried to go visit Kyle's old neighbor Gordy who is in assisted living. But, he was out on the town and not home :) So we visited, and watched the Vikings game, with my aunt and uncle in Proctor instead.

On Monday we drove out to my Dad's hunting shack. Friends of the family also have a house on the same land, and their daughter (who is a very very good friend of mine) was visiting. So, I spent the day chatting and catching up with her while the boys and Kyle went sliding and rode the snow mobiles. We got home about 7:00 last night exhausted, but happy.

Today I am doing NOTHING. Except that other than an incredible amount of baked goods, we have no groceries in the house. So I suppose I will need to go and get groceries, catch up on laundry.... you know, just a typical day of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

After saying goodbye to Lucy we knew we wanted another friend, and we also knew that a cat was more suitable to our busy lifestyle than anot...