


We have had a busy two weeks since I finished with classes. I have been enjoying my free days, with the kids at school, Kyle at work, and no homework to do. However, I have had plenty to do and catch up on, mainly Christmas shopping and wrapping, and getting everything ready for me to start full-time fieldwork. I realized this morning, that today is my last day of having the house to myself all day. So, I am having a lazy morning in sweat pants, watching TV, and crocheting. This afternoon I am heading to the school to help out in Ben's classroom during their Christmas Party. So, the sweats will eventually have to come off.
Looks like we will be getting another snow storm this weekend. I am all stocked up with baking supplies for all kinds of Christmas cookies. We will spend the weekend baking away as the snow flies. Besides, Ben wrote at school that his favorite thing about Christmas is baking cookies with Mom. So, now I am obligated!!
We are in the process of having Nate tested for ADHD symptoms. This has been a few years coming, and I am not all that anxious about it. However, due to all his pre-existing issues his doctor would like more formal assessment rather than just starting him on medication. Of course this involves three separate appointments totally 5 hours! I am getting my first taste of trying to schedule all of this as a working Mom. With a limited number of days I am allowed to take off during fieldwork, this is challenging. But, we found a way to make it work.
We are all anxiously awaiting Christmas and spending time with family. Kyle and the boys are looking forward to having a full two weeks off (yes, I did include Kyle in that)! I am looking forward to no alarm clocks in the morning (other than the five and seven year old boy variety). Everything is set for me to begin fieldwork on Monday the 5th. It will be an adjustment for everyone I am sure, especially after two weeks off. But, the boys are excited that I will be "working" at their school on Friday's. I am excited to be doing actual hands on OT work.
And finally a couple of pictures! Bitsy is our woodstove thermometer. The cooler it gets, the closer it gets. When she tries to lay under it...it is time to add more wood. Except sometimes it is burning hot and she still sticks her head under the stove like this...crazy cat! Her fur gets so hot you can't even touch her. I am surprised she doesn't spontaneously combust!
No comments:
Post a Comment